Monday, March 30, 2009

Thoughts of Spring ~ Looks like Winter

My thoughts may be filled with Spring:


But when I opened my curtains on Sunday, I saw this:


Spring is coming, I know that it is... but sometimes I get a little impatient.

The one good thing about a Spring snow ~ it doesn't last long. Even when it falls quickly and heavily and turns into 6+ inches, you know that it will melt just as quickly.


The boys and I decided to take a ride to our favorite store - Half Price Books. It's always a treasure hunt ~ you never know what type of jewel you will go home with. My oldest son found an alternative rock cd for $3. My youngest son loves audio books and listens to them while he plays. He takes them out from the library and listens to his favorites over and over again. Audio books are very expensive - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is $75 at our local bookstore. Imagine our delight when he found it for $12.50!! Woohoo!

Don't worry, I found a treasure, too!

"Labors of Love ~ America's Textiles and Needlework, 1650 - 1930"

by Judith Reiter Weissman and Wendy Lavitt

A $50 book for $7! Now I just need to find the time to read it...

We all went home happy for under $25 total.

Be sure to stop at TDIPT tomorrow night about 9:00 p.m. or so to see the latest offerings from all the artists. For my offerings think tulips, rabbits and old keys, of course...

Blessings, Patti

1 comment:

Brownie Power said...

I too am glad spring is here. Like your photos