Friday, March 13, 2020

A Visit to French General


When my husband and I were in Los Angeles in January,
we stopped at French General!
It was during the Road to California Quilt Show, which I didn't have the time to attend, 
so I was so grateful that the shop was open. 


As soon as you walk in the door, you feel like you are entering another beautiful, peaceful world.


So many treasures in every nook and cranny!


I loved this antique blue cabinet full of threads and would love to have it live with me!


Of course there are stunning quilts everywhere!


I could have admired this cabinet for hours!


The antique millenary flowers


and ribbons -  Oh My!


You have to look up as well, so that you don't miss a thing!

You know that I didn't come home empty handed...


I bought the pretty heart in hand charm and the amazing milagro filled heart, 
both brought back by Kaari from her travels to Mexico.


And thread winders and an antique button and glass bead bracelet.


And you can't leave French General without some French General fabric ;)

I hope that I will get a chance to visit again someday...

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul 
and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
~Matthew 22:37-39

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a terrific store!
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Marilyn

Annmarie said...

They're fabric is my FAVORITE. I could move in there or to Country Sampler in WI. It's just a feeling of home and warmth and wonderful. So glad you shared your visit. I hope to visit there one day. Have a great weekend.
ann

sandi s said...

I’m so jealous!! 😊 I love everything French General! It looks so good in your pictures. I hope you can go agin sometime. Thank you for sharing your pictures. Hugs,

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a wonderful shop. So sorry it was closed the day I went a couple years ago, and will most likely never be back to LA.
You always come home with THE BEST things :)

GeneGribouille03 said...

Le paradis des brodeuses patcheuses incroyable j'adorerai voir ce magasin merci pour la promenade belle soirée amitiés de France Geneviève