Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Late Summer in Seattle


In September, we traveled to Seattle for a long weekend.
We took the ferry to Whidbey Island for the day.


The island was much larger than I envisioned and we spent the day exploring


I loved walking the beach


The tide was out - a perfect time to explore.


This was a first for me!
Live sand dollars!
(this is the bottom side)


and here is the top.


you had to be careful where you waded as they were everywhere!


along with anemones/barnacles


It was cool, but thankfully no rain while we were there.


We spent some time in Coupeville a wonderful town 
with a historic waterfront district from the 1850's


We also spent some time at Deception Pass
The views were amazing!




And of course you have to walk across Deception Pass Bridge


It's hard to capture the immense scale


but here is my group walking back...


such an amazing feat of engineering


such a peaceful way to spend the day


I could have spent a week ;)


We didn't have much time, but did spend an evening in downtown Seattle


and visited the famous Pike Place Market even though it was shutting down for the night


and we visited Seattle's Gum Wall


which is pretty gross if you think about it.


We also spent a morning antiquing in Historic Downtown Snohomish


we saw some lovely antiques, but I behaved myself :)


the entire purpose of our trip was to attend a wedding


it was truly lovely and the rain stopped just in time


it was a chock full long weekend, but we thoroughly enjoyed it!

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
~Matthew 5:3-5

Blessings, Patti  

3 comments:

Tammy said...

You were out my way. I'm just north near Bellingham. We live in a wonderful area—mountains to the east and and the sea to the west. Glad you had a chance to explore a bit.

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fun time.
That gum wall!
Marilyn

Nancy Watkins said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures but they make me homesick too! 😊 Beautiful, beautiful Washington where I grew up.