Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Remembering Summer Days in the North Woods


Gosh, where has this month gone?!
I'm back from my fabulous trip with the Bittersweet Stitching Sisters.
I can't wait to tell you all about it, but want to catch up from my summer first. 


while in the north woods, we did some antiquing
I had this fabulous bonnet in my hand, but decided to leave it for someone that could display it well.


I didn't have room for these great pieces either...


but these buttons did come home with me


as did these embroidery cards


some fabric samples


needles from the Columbian Exposition in Chicago and a great pin disc.


We visited Copper Falls. We haven't been there for several years.


Love those roots


It's hard to capture the grandeur


and the sounds of the rushing water really makes it.


we went golfing


There were warnings that this was a steep hill.
Oh my! I felt like I was on a roller coaster!


Of course I stitched ;)


but tried to watch for the good shots to add my congratulations.


I spent as much time as I could in a kayak


enjoying the peaceful surroundings


I love watching the eagles


soaring above. And once when rounding a bend I startled


a loon bringing up his lunch


he decided I wasn't a threat and continued his fishing, bringing up the fish to eat.


I wish that I could do this every day...





such a stunning area.


Of course I had to visit and shop at Rivers Edge Antiques & Quilt Loft.


and I had to buy this pattern, because while on vacation I finished this:


"Summer Wild Flowers"
designed and kitted by Wooden Spool Designs


I love the wool and the backing / binding fabric is absolutely perfect!


I'm so happy with this finish :)


It's as pretty as my zinnias :)

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
~Psalm 46:10

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, wonderful stitching as always.

denise said...

beautiful pictures

Annmarie said...

Thanks so much for sharing your trip. It takes time to post pictures and text and I really enjoy your times going out and about. So many wonderful views of outside and, of course, the antiques and stitching is special. I especially love those embroidery patterns and those buttons ....wonderful.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful photos of our trip.
That wool piece is stunning.
Marilyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

What an incredible place to spend time :)

Genegribouille03 said...

Merci pour ce voyage que de belles antiquités le bonnet est superbe, bravo pour la nouvelle finition de cet ouvrage en lainage belle soirée amitiés Geneviève de France