Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Silver Lining...


Time keeps flying by me!
Earlier this month, I took a business trip to:


Not my favorite city.
I don't gamble and the excess is a bit much for me.


But we did stay at a lovely hotel.


They had beautiful displays made from flowers.


They reminded me of the Rose Parade.


The tilework was exquisite!


Such talent.
My husband came with as the conference ended on our wedding anniversary.
We thought we would spend the day together before heading home.

My husband does enjoy Las Vegas.
He gambles within reason and enjoys their many golf courses.
On our day together we drove about 30 minutes away from The Strip to this:


Wow! Who knew?! 
Now Red Rock Canyon is my kind of trip!


So beautiful!


Gorgeous views around every bend!


I was excited when I saw this sign and hoped to see a tortoise,
but there were none to be found.
I think they were all taking a siesta.


Beautiful rock formations


Mountains as far as the eye could see.


Vegetation that I'm not familiar with.


We took a few short hikes.


It may be a dry heat, but it is HOT!!!


The hikes were a bit treacherous with the rocks and stones.


This little fellow popped up to say hi.


There were lots of fossils along the way...


I was excited to see the petroglyphs.


Amazing that they have lasted so long and are still here to enjoy.


Sad that so many have chosen to remove them.


On our way back to the hotel, we made a little  stop - 


A nice roomy shop with lots to see.


Some very pretty wool patterns that were new to me.


I tried to take as much in as I could knowing that my husband was waiting in the car ;)


They had a fabulous selection of threads


and wool too.


I was particularly interested in this great display of vintage textiles and trims.


Look at all of these lovelies!
The hexagons from old embroidered table cloths really caught my eye!


I found a few treasures that would fit in my carryon bag. 
I love how they tie bags closed with strips of fabric.


It was time to head home.
I enjoyed the sights from the plane.


I was so happy to head back to our sons and our pups.
There really was a silver lining to traveling to Las Vegas.
I found out that there is a cross stitch shop in Las Vegas too.
I may have to check it out if there is another business trip to Vegas in my future...

“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 
~Matthew 7:24-25

Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

Simple Pleasure said...

Just lovely...I wish you had more time with the vintage items AND an extra carry-on! We just returned from an Alaskan cruise...I was thrilled to find quilt shops at two of our stops!!!!
Happy Fall...
Patricia

GeneGribouille03 said...

Quelle belle ballade il devait faire chaud impressionnant tous ces fossiles et le magasin vraiment de belles choses amitiés Geneviève

Marilyn said...

Looks like you found some amzing things to see & do on your work trip!
Marilyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

Red Rock Canyon is amazing!