Saturday, August 11, 2018

Tomorrow's Heirlooms 2018 Retreat ~ Part 3


Another week has flown by without another blog post...
Now let's resume the fun!
We returned from lunch on our first day to find this fabulous box waiting for us.
We couldn't wait to open it!


Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery outdid herself!
Look at all the fabulous goodies inside!


And here is the finished project!
Don't we all need more floss?!
I love how it matches the pincushion design that we received the previous night.


The best part - Beth painted every box lid and covered every box in great fabric!
All we need to do is stitch and mount the top!


Thank you Beth for such a wonderful project!


Beth also shared her darling tiny drums! Aren't they precious?! 
Beth has posted a video tutorial about how to create them on YouTube.
After watching it, I think that I might need to give it  try...
(She has several tutorials and videos that you might want to check out)


As wonderful as the project are, the best part of the day was meeting Beth in person.
Beth and I have been online friends for more than 10 years. I bought several beautiful papercuttings from her before she started designing cross stitch. I have to tell you that she is a lovely person inside and out. It's so nice when you meet someone in person and find them as genuine as they are online.

I went to bed happy that night.
And even happier knowing that we would return in the morning for another half day.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, 
and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
~1 John 1:7

Blessings, Patti

9 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a darling project and those tiny drums are TOO CUTE!!!
You always attend the best retreats. Thank you for sharing them with us 😊

http://thankfullga447 said...

Beth is a special person.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous way to spend an afternoon! She created a lovely project for those attending. Those drums are adorable. Thank you for sharing about this retreat!

linda said...

I have followed her blog for several years and have purchased some of her designs. I Love her photography, too! I am always inspired and calmed. Happy you got to meet her in person.

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful retreat, beautiful gifts and projects to create.

Debbie

Marilyn said...

What a great project!
Gotts love those tiny drums!!
Marilyn

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I'm so happy to read this post! I just started watching Beth's flosstube videos, and I absolutely love her. This box is outstanding; I am definitely making one for some of my stitching - just need to find the paper.

Have you watched Primitive Stitcher or Saltbox Stitcher on flosstube? If not, check them out; they are both winners.

GeneGribouille03 said...

Que de beaux objets à mettre dans un atelier bravo

Beth Twist said...

I still say that meeting you in person was the highlight of the weekend. Let's make it happen again someday! :)