Thursday, September 14, 2017

A treasure of an Antique Shop!


This summer I took a little ride to check out an antique shop that I had heard about:
D+M General Store Antiques & Gardens
You can find their website here
and their Facebook page here.


I was smitten before I even got out of my car.
Not only was the shop lots of fun, there are meandering gardens and out buildings
filled with more antiques that seemed to go on and on...


Some sights were positively eye-catching


Instant collections waiting to be purchased


Displays I would love to recreate in my own garden


Wonderful graphic displays


And so many intriguing out buildings


And the gardens were so pretty - I really need to allow more time for my next visit!


Two treasures came home with me...


Some wonderful vintage zinnia fabric to remind me of the pretty gardens


And this cigar box turned make-do sewing box
with a padded fabric lid/pincushion.
I love how it was painted red.


And a fabric lined inside lid as well.
It is now housing my current English Paper Piecing project that I will have to share soon.


On the way home, I stopped at another antique mall and found this pretty inlaid wood box with a fabulous original latch. It was even better when I opened it up...


It's a Clark's thread box. The original threads were gone,
and instead it was filled with vintage sewing notions. How fun!

 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.
~Romans 12:3-6

Blessings, Patti

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful shop, I love exploring in the surrounding states and some of the antique stores are so big, it takes all day to walk through them.

Debbie

Marilyn said...

Looks like a beautiful shop with beautiful treasures.
Marilyn

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patti,
You always go to the most amazing places and I so appreciate how you share them!!! What a fun place and your purchases are lovely!! Hope you and your mom are both doing well and feeling better!! Sending thoughts and prayers for you both!
Enjoy your weekend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie