Saturday, June 24, 2017

Wheaten Woolens ~ The Place


In addition to the Wheaton Woolens store,
it was a pleasure to return to Barry and Beth Anne's homestead.
Truly an oasis of peace and beauty. 
This is the Severin Miller Home built in 1860.


I love the hilly property so unlike the Illinois flatland.


And such beauty in the gardens as well.
I hear that folk artist Ginny Henson is a wonderful garden planner. ;)


These white roses, variegated tree and rusty iron hearts really caught my eye!


A beautiful vignette right at the entry.


Can't you imagine summer afternoons whiled away on this swing ~ stitching or hooking?!


Barry and Beth Anne collect many of the same things that I do ~ 
stone fruit, treen,


painted toleware. But they have an amazing knack for display!


This is a house worthy of a magazine cover,


Yet at the same time a very comfortable home that you don't want to leave.
(This year, they probably were wondering if Mom and I would ever leave lol! We were the first to arrive and the last to leave ~ we just couldn't help ourselves :) Sorry!)


Oh what stories these object could tell...


The details of the home such a wonderful backdrop of beauty to the amazing collections.


Up these stairs more beauty awaits...


Loved these wooly worms of all my favorite colors looking like artwork in this beautiful cupboard.


Hooked rugs everywhere - so hard to tell if they are antiques or Beth Anne's creations.


A quiet little corner with one of Ginny's sweet birds.



Isn't this chair pad so perfect for this chair?

I will have one more post ~ The Shopping!
And will have a little giveaway for you for joining me on this trip.

Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
~Isaiah 40:28

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

What a beautiful house with beautiful gardens.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Marilyn

Jacqueline said...

I can see why you didn't want to leave.

Annmarie said...

Thank you for sharing-so cozy and welcoming. What an amazing house and I'm sure a wonderful time.

denise said...

What a beautiful home!

Cheryl R said...

Seriously, I can't take much more of those gardens, just gorgeous and full of ideas, my head is spinning.
I'm still fixated on the rooster atop those stacked circles in the first posting, the home is truly amazing, and collections, be still my heart.
THANK YOU for sharing,

Jean Bee said...

Wow, looks so wonderful in the pictures...can't imagine being there! You're so lucky to be able to share your adventures with your Mom!

marly said...

What a lovely home. For a minute, I thought there was a cat in that chair.