Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Boxwood & Berries 2016 ~ Part 1


In September, the Bittersweet Sisters attended Boxwood & Berries.
A beautiful time of year to be at the Country Sampler in Spring Green, WI.


Our talented teachers.
It was a five day event, but I was only able to attend for 2 1/2 days.
I was so grateful to be there, even for that amount of time.
It was a wonderful respite before the stressful days ahead.


The schoolroom is always so inspiring.


Beauty surrounded us.


Gorgeous needlework that made your fingers itch to create...


Kaari Meng of French General was our first teacher.


It was so interesting to hear her story and to see how she goes about curating her fabric collections based on antiques.


So many beautiful antique fabrics!


At each place setting we found these lovely bags.


Filled with neat notions.


And here was the day's project.
Traditional Japanese Sashiko embroidery on antique French fabrics 
mounted on our French General linen bags.


Oh what a thrill to go through all of these beautiful antique French fabrics, choosing just the right pieces for our own bags.


Kaari and her friend Mogul.


Here you can see how far three of the Bittersweet Sisters got on their projects that day...
Mine is in the middle. I'm sorry to say that it hasn't been picked up since, but I will definitely complete it as a souvenir of that lovely day...

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”
~Psalm 91:14-16

Blessings, Patti

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

That looks like a great project with beautiful fabrics.
Marilyn

Mugwump Woolies said...

Such beautiful fabrics and wonderful teachers...sounds like a perfect few days!
Robyn

Unknown said...

What a wonderful event that was! How lucky you were indeed.

moosecraft said...

Beautiful! Country Sampler is the quilt shop that's on the very top of my bucket list of "Quilt Shops I'd LOVE to visit"!

Karen said...

Just the name of the event is enough to make me want to be there.