Monday, August 8, 2016

Hayward Piecemakers Quilt Show


We've been heading up to Hayward, Wisconsin for almost 20 summers now and I have never been there for their local quilt show! This year I was lucky enough to attend!


Such stunning and inspiring work!


So many different styles and colors!


I really loved this one especially after I read the card attached. 
"I started out cutting the first strips all wrong, but I made it work by cutting the remaining strips equally wrong."
And in the end it didn't matter, as it turned out stunning!!!


Love the cardinals in the birch trees!


This one was special too, as the card read,
"I wanted a quilt for my husband's birthday. Seeing that he is my best catch, I wanted a fish design."
So sweet!


This quilt started with some found antique quilt squares. 
The maker then searched out vintage fabrics to complete it.


Lovely results!


I loved how the local nursery supplied pretty flowers to set off the quilts.


This beautiful quilt was raffled off during the show.
I bought my tickets, but didn't win it.

There was also a nice merchant mall. 
Gail of River's Edge was there, but we were so busy chatting, that I forgot to take photos!


I was also thrilled to find a designer who was new to me:


She had many of her own lovely designs as well as some from other designers.


A lot to take in...


And so many that I have never seen before.
I had such a hard time deciding what would go home with me...

Here were my choices:


This Yoko Saito book is fabulous!
Somehow I missed it during my day at River's Edge. I guess there was too much to see and take in. So I was thrilled to see it at Gail's booth at the show. It is expensive, but there are so many wonderful patterns that it is well worth the price. I highly recommend it for Birthday and Christmas lists :)
I was also excited to find these two antique shuttles for $3 at the guild boutique.


And from Willow Wood Market I bought three kits - two were Bonnie's original designs and one was for her take on a Wooden Spool Design. I loved the plaids and textures. Can't wait to get started!

Such a wonderful way to spend part of our final day of vacation. My husband was so sweet and said that he wanted to be sure that I didn't miss it, so he took me there before we headed to his final round of golf. Stopped at a Wisconsin Supper Club for a fish fry and headed out for a final kayak ride.
It was a perfect final day!

I'll have one more vacation post with a little giveaway... coming soon!

 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”
~Luke 10:27

Blessings, Patti

6 comments:

LD said...

Hi Patti,

I just got Yoko's book too. It is fabulous. Love your blog.

--Linda

Marilyn said...

What beautiful quilts.
Love the fish one!
Great wool projects, and you brought home some great goodies.
Glad you had a great time.
Marilyn

denise said...

beautiful quilts! nice haul from river's Edge

Charlotte said...


Love the antique shuttles. A great find. Glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Charlotte

Prims By The Water said...

These quilts are amazingly gorgeous! TFS Janice

laceystitcher said...

Such amazing quilts and patterns. So glad you got to go, and that you shared the pics with us. Thank you. Happy stitching.............