Friday, November 20, 2015

Prim Paradise ~ Autumn 2015


A week ago today, I was off on another adventure ~ a visit with my parents and the seven primitive shows of central Illinois. We made it to four of the seven before I ran out of time and money :)


The first booth that we visited was that of Maggie Bonanomi at the Rural Life Show.


Of course everything was beautiful!
And every vignette was stunning!


Inspiration throughout!


At the other Rural Life location, I saw this beautiful penny rug. I loved how it was mounted and hung.
Beautiful handwork with a story all its own, but it also reminds me of modern art hung in this manner.


Just loved all the tiny Noah's Ark animals.


And these tiny houses - oh my!


At the Homesteaders Show we saw this unique roller washboard - I have never seen anything like it.


Some beautiful hooked winter scenes...


Each prettier than the next...


I loved this simple scene - the flickering electric candles on the tree were amazing!


Some neat architectural wall art and the display rack reminds me of a Christmas Tree that could be really fun to decorate with old wooden spools of sewing thread.


Next it was on to Gathering on the Prairie.
A wonderful selection of antique pincushions


And another favorite booth - that of Jacque Bradford


She always has incredible sewing items.
The roll on the left still has a nib of its original waxer!


Always so hard to choose!


I want it all lol!


There's something about these lace up shoes... I'm still thinking about them!

There are so many other fabulous booths at these shows!
I've realized now that I didn't take any photos of  my other favorite booths
 including Ginny Henson and Joe Cardetti :( 
Sometimes I get so excited, I forget to take pictures.

I still have to share my purchases and my Mom's latest finishes.
But this weekend I am heading out once again ~ my sister and I are headed to Wisconsin to visit her daughter (my niece). That is if the weather cooperates. We are in the midst of our first winter snowstorm. Fingers crossed we will get to go!

O come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
~Psalm 95:1-2

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh, what great items and displays.
I hope you found some treasures you can't live without. :)
Marilyn

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

what a wonderful peek of goodness you've shared! I wish I lived closer to Illinois ~ I would have tagged along with you!!!
xoxox
L

WoolenSails said...

What great items at the show, would have loved to be there.
I hope you have safe travels this weekend and not too much snow.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

What beautiful booths! Looking forward to seeing your treasures.
The snow has not yet made it to Ohio and I hope it doesn't!
Safe travels.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Primitive Stars said...

Evening, such wonderful booths there, I see many hoodies I love. Those winter hooked rugs are so beautiful, love them. Blessings Francine.

marly said...

Oh those shows look like a real treat to attend. Have a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti....I live near Chicago and was wondering if you could tell me more about the primitive shows that you show in your photos. I have never heard of anything like this. I would like to have more information if you could for next year's shows. Thanks in advance. Love your blog!