Wednesday, February 18, 2015

How I spent my Presidents Day Holiday


I don't think that you want to see the piles of laundry, piles of dishes and just plain piles of stuff that I cleaned on my day off :) but I did have a finish...
"Anne Wilson"
by Tina Woltman of Early Workings
You can view her lovely designs here

Stitched on Osnaberg fabric in a primitive manner.

And yes, I still am unfocused...
I recently purchased a wonderful Abe Lincoln pattern from Joyce Reed Folk Art and was ever so tempted to start it.
Isn't it awesome? But I knew I couldn't start another big piece without some finishes first...

Then I remembered this design in my stash:


The Prairie Schooler #160 "February"

That little Abe Lincoln seemed like something I could stitch in a day...
and so it became this:


Yes, I couldn't just stop with Abe, George was begging to be stitched as well :)


With Notforgotten Farm's Farmhouse hand-dyed linen and WDW "Onyx" they became two prim portraits.
Of course they aren't "finished" yet, but hopefully this weekend.

It was a nice day off.
Back to busy season at work and the deep freeze in temps.
And back to trying to get some items finished!
No more unfocused starts for me... today :)

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
~Romans 8:38-39

Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

Laura said...

Patti! Your Lincoln and Washington interpretations are genius!!!! Love!!!!

annie said...

Love the prim portraits, and that red, with the homespun, just love it. Your work is amazing!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Love your scripture!

marly said...

What a great idea and finish.

Marilyn said...

Glad you got some stitch time in on your Holiday.
Great projects.
Marilyn

Allison said...

Love all your stitchery's.

Frances said...

I just found your blog!
Your stitching is lovely! I will enjoy scrolling back through, and admiring your work!
Frances
http://www.asymphonyofstitches.blogspot.com/