Saturday, November 15, 2014

Prim Paradise


Last weekend was spent in Prim Paradise with my sister and my parents.
The first stop was the Rural Life Show in Tuscola.
And the first booth we visited was that of Maggie Bonanomi.


Her booth was as beautiful and inspiring as you would expect.


Such lovely treasures.


The best treasure was getting to visit a bit with the phenomenally talented Maggie and her sweet and personable husband, Harold.

This lovely show is in two locations and also features the beautiful booths of Steve Shelton and Ginny Henson. I missed them both, but enjoyed their booths :)

Then it was on to the next town... Arthur


Homesteaders on the Prairie is charming before we even made it inside.


A great photo op for my mom and my sister.
Dad was home resting up for a late night of visiting :)


Here we started getting in the spirit of the upcoming holidays.


These sweet pics came from the booth of 
The Olde Homestead.


You can see their shop...


by clicking here.
(The pretty lantern above went home with my mom :) perfect for a timer pillar candle...

On Saturday we returned to Arthur for 
The Gathering on the Prairie.


It's days like this that you wish that you had won the lottery :)


So many treasures looking for a home.
And you wish it was coming home with you :)


There seemed to be an exceptional number of sewing treasures this year.
That made me happy!


This may be the most beautiful sled ever!


The shows were fantastic! There were two more shows in Arcola, but we ran out of time.
Coming up I'll share my treasures that came home with me
along with another installment of my Mom's latest penny rug finishes.

"I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees."
Psalm 119:10-12

Blessings, Patti

11 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thanks for sharing the pics, the show looks wonderful.
Love the sleds!
Marilyn

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a fantastic day...sharing all those wonderful sites with family! Can't wait to see what came home with you!
Robyn

Raymond Homestead said...

Totally envious of your trip Patti! Thanks for sharing!!

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful shops to visit and so fun to meet Maggie. Can't wait to see what goodies, you bought home.

Debbie

paulette said...

I can't wait to see your bargoons!! Score for your mom!! Love the lantern! And lucky YOU getting to meet Maggie in person!
P

linda said...

Wonderful treasures and inspiration everywhere! Thank you for sharing. Glad you had your sister and mom to experience it with.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to meet Maggie and Harold. She is my favorite designer. I want to meet her in person so bad. Looks like you had a great time. Thank you for posting.

Cindy Huxtable
Washington Il.

acorn hollow said...

what wonderful primitives. It looks like a great day
Cathy

Karen said...

I wish we had something prim like that somewhere close by. The only shop that we had that was sort of prim closed a long time ago.

Earlene said...

What a nice trip Patti and to spend it with your mom and sister makes it even better.
Love the sled with the greens on it!!!One of these days I want to make it to those shows.
Happy Holidays
Earlene

Lana Manis said...

Patti, I'd love to visit a show like that but there doesn't seem to be any in my area. I'm so glad you are sharing photos with us! :)