Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Boxwood & Berries 2014 ~ More of the Journey...

 
 
Our third project was a surprise that we knew nothing about ~ and it was with our very own Jean Elliott! Jean is a staple at many Country Sampler gatherings.
 
 
Jean is well known for her incredible sewing cases.

 
They are absolute perfection inside and out!
 
But Jean is well versed in a variety of mediums, including paper.
Our project for the day was the vintage paper wreath that she is holding in the first photo.

 
Jean brought a sample of her work and was so kind to walk us through how she created them while we worked on our wreaths.
 
 
Jean is a master of repurposing and making do!
 
 
She gave us so many ideas of how to look outside of the box.
 
 
She has such a lovely eye for color.
 
 
This was day 3 of classes and we couldn't help but have fun!

 
Always a blessing to have so many creative women together in one room :)

 
Unfortunately, it was at this point ~ only half way through the gathering ~ that I had to leave the fun. So this is where my story will end. But I will be back soon to share my fun purchases and a little giveaway picked up on the trip.
I still haven't unpacked, but maybe this will help me make that happen!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
~Phillipians 4:4-7
 
Blessings, Patti
 
 

7 comments:

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwwww
such fun times with friends..
big hugs x

Jean Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jean Bee said...

Oh Patti!!! Thank you so much for all these fabulous pictures!!! I didn't have any!!
Jean Elliott

Marilyn said...

What unique projects.
Thanks for sharng all of the pics.
Marilyn

Colleen said...

Patti, I had such as great time with everyone! This was my first Boxwood & Berries and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was so fun to be surrounded by so much creativity and talent! All of the teachers were amazing!
Colleen

Charlotte said...

Thank you for the quote you included in your post.
I found it very appropriate for a situation in my life.

Charlotte

WoolenSails said...

Lots of fun decorations and fun with friends.

Debbie