Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Late Summer Flowers


Has it really been a week since I posted last?
How can that be?!

I have been working on my Stacy Nash Stitch Camp sewing tray. I wanted to change up the center of these flowers a bit and finally am happy with my tweaks. The stitching is now done and I have dreamed up some ideas of tweaking the tray itself. Hmmm, I am thinking that this is going to take longer than I thought. I just hope that it turns out as well as it looks in my mind's eye :)


The zinnias in the garden are still happy and going strong.


I didn't realize that butterflies like Zinnias.
This swallowtail with touches of blue spent several hours around the zinnas one afternoon. He would flit around up near the trees and then come right back down. 


The next afternoon the same flowers were visited by a Monarch butterfly. I remember when they used to be so common and plentiful, but we haven't seen many recently. I heard that they are now threatened. Many of our neighbors are now growing milkweed in an effort to help and I am thinking of putting some in our alley myself.


I'm trying to enjoy the flowers while I can...


knowing that their days are numbered.


This happy bouquet came home with me from the farmer's market. 
I won't be cutting any more of my own zinnias now that I know that the butterflies are enjoying them so...

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
~Romans 1:16-17

Blessings, Patti

4 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching and lovely flowers
Enjoy xx

Prims By The Water said...

beautiful flowers! Janice

Marilyn said...

What pretty flowers and Butterflies.
Zinnias last forever, it seems, and they're so colorful.
Marilyn

Mugwump Woolies said...

Beautiful flowers...the last hurrah of summer!
Robyn