Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bittersweet Sisters Fabric Challenge


Do you remember a month ago when I mentioned the Bittersweet Sisters fabric challenge? You can read about it here. The challenge was for us to create something with Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm's wonderful Bittersweet fabric.
Well, here is the big reveal ;)


 I created 6 little sewing boxes - one for each of us - filled with a little group of antique textiles for our crafting, a wool heart, and a wooden acorn. I was so thrilled with the plant markers that I bought this past summer from Wendy of Pineberry Lane that I asked her to make 6 bittersweet spoons. I love the way the spoons turned out!


Nicki sure was busy! Look at all the lovelies that she made from her bittersweet fabric!
Wow! I loved them all, but that Bittersweet crafting apron is really something!


Here you can get a better peek.


And look at this! Carla said the Bittersweet fabric reminded her of wallpaper - perfect for this lovely wallhanging. The border fabric looks just like an antique combed wood frame. And that's not all!
She also used the fabric for gifts for all of us!


This sweet little sewing bird box is just wonderful!


The bird is made of the Bittersweet fabric and look inside!


So many treasures! The box itself is lined with Civil War newspaper. And also inside - these wonderful scissors, a spool of our favorite faux suede ribbon, wool acorns, and from the fabric - a thread holder, needle holder with an assortment of Carla's favorite needles all labeled by size and type, and the tiniest little packet of morning pins. Did you notice the vintage pins and antique buttons on the pincushion as well? So many details that I have been frequently admiring and oohing and aahing over! 


Kim made us each this wonderful personalized heart based on a design by our favorite designer - Maggie Bonanomi! It is right at home on the doorknob of my hutch in my dining room :)


and look at this wonderful packaging holding one of the gifts from Wendy!


a soldered charm holding the Bittersweet fabric with sweet little embroidered hearts!
I put it on immediately and have been wearing it almost every day since!
Such a great way to keep my Bittersweet Sisters close to my heart!

And that is not all...

 can you believe that Wendy also stitched one of these wonderful bags for each of us?!?!
This design is by Nan Lewis of Threadwork Primitives who was also a TDIPT Sister of mine :)
And isn't the finishing awesome? 
The finishing was done by Faye of Carolina Stitcher
You can read about her finishing of this project here.
Faye, your work is absolutely wonderful! And I especially love the winding vine on the hanger ;)

And I can't forget Linda!
She wowed us all, by creating not 1 or 2 but 5 of these incredible boxes!
(Linda, we think you need to make one more for yourself!)


How incredibly appropriate is this design?!?!
The colors are gorgeous and so is the ribbon trim.
But wait - take a look inside!


The box is lined with our Bitttersweet fabric and wonderful vintage buttons!
Linda also made a soldered ornament of us witches and brought us each back a candle from her trip to Paris. 
(Oops! and the paper tag of us witches is by Carla. Stored in the box so it wouldn't get crushed on the way home.)

I think I am one of the most blessed women on earth to be included in such a wonderful, generous group of talented women. I love you all! I think that I kept putting off this post as it seems to wrap up the Bittersweet Sisters Gathering 2013 and I really don't want it to end. I miss you all. But I guess as soon as we can catch our breath it is time to start planning Bittersweet Sisters 2014.

And if anyone out there is still following along, the fun doesn't end!
Next up is the Country Sampler Star Party and then finally will be the big giveaway of my trip gift bag...
Thanks for letting me share this special time with these special ladies!

"From his abundance, we have all received one gracious blessing after another."
~John 1:16

Blessings, Patti


16 comments:

cucki said...

Wow everything is just so sweet and I am keep on looking at all the lovely treasure ..\
Big hugs x

Three Sheep Studio said...

I am loveing all of these beautiful projects. How creative everyone is !
Thanks for sharing.
Rose

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful creations from some very talented friends!
Great stuff!
Robyn

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely and big hearted group. Love all your treasures and what great reminders of your time at this year's gathering. ~Roberta

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are all so beautiful and creative projects! I love seeing the different ideas that come out of one inspiration!
Debbie P

marly said...

Amazing pieces. Will be going back for another look!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

it warms my heart to see all of the beautiful things made from my fabric ~ so happy you shared pics and can't wait to see more!
Blessed be,
Lori

jennifer768 said...

Wow!! What wonderful projects from everyone.Hugs,Jen

linda said...

Such beautiful creative treasures you all made. Loved seeing them ad I to will be looking again and again! You are such a great group to "travel with".
Looking forward to your stay at Country Sampler as well. You are inspiring and so generous to share.

Cathy G. said...

Oh my goodness! What lovely creations! You and your friends have talents that are awe inspiring! Love how the bittersweet fabric was used in each project!
Really enjoyed your post!
Hugs!
Cathy G

annie said...

everything looks just wonderful, how great for you all!

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for your post . It definitely was worth the wait. Such creativity! What an awesome group that you belong to. Like some of the others, I need to go back for another look.

Thanks for sharing your get together,
Charlotte

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WHOA! Those are ALL sweet creations :)

Carrie P. said...

oh, my goodness! they are all so sweet. yes, you are blessed.

Marilyn said...

Oh my, what great keepsakes and memories of your time together.
They are all very unique.
Thanks for sharing the pics.
Marilyn

Faye said...

All the goodies are fantastic!!! Sewin up those darling peg bags for Wendy was a joy..... Please enjoy~ Faye