Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bittersweet Stitching Sisters


I am back from a wonderful long weekend spent with kindred spirits,
the Bittersweet Stitching Sisters!
Each and every one of them talented needleworkers and artists with hearts of gold.
We are spread throughout the country and have anticipated this trip for a year.
What an incredible time! I think that it may take me the rest of the month to blog about it :)
(I'm having a hard time getting through my 240+ photos to decide which to post.)


Our gathering took place in the wonderful town of Osage, Iowa. Everyone that we met was so very gracious and welcoming. We felt at home immediately.
 
 
So many wonderful and unique shops in and around Osage, we tried to visit as many as we could.
 
 
And such a wonderful time of year with the lovely colors and harvest.
 

Here are a few photos of our first stop.
 


Can you guess where it is?
 
I think this shot may give it away ;)
 
As soon as I finish unpacking, I'll be back with more on our first stop.
 
Blessings, Patti

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be my favorite place, Country Threads - Garner IA! Isn't that the cutest little playhouse?

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Patti, love the pictures, sweet shop with all the pumpkins in front.Don`t know the other, but would like to. Blessings Francine.

WoolenSails said...

Love the wool piece, sounds like you had a great time and I can't wait to see more of your trip.

Debbie

annie said...

wonderful, yes, please share some more!

marie said...

Lucky you,can't wait to see the rest of the photos. Great wool project.

Raymond Homestead said...

Sounds like you had a really good time! Love the wool piece!

Simple Pleasures said...

Hi,
I would love to see more photos! I have been without a computer for a week and am glad to be back and catching up with my favorite blogs! I hope you enjoy your weekend!
xoxo
Michelle

Friendship Crossing said...

Oh my gosh~ OSAGE is where my best friend lives!! We met in South Florida many yrs. ago and I have always wanted to go see her hometown!! She has mentioned several darling shops there! That is so cool that you got to visit there!

Hugs,
Tanya

Jean Bee said...

Wow, I grew up in Garner!! Was there a couple of weeks ago and got my Country Threads "fix"!!
I also go to Osage when I go home to visit. Glad you were able to get to both places!

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

Your piece is so pretty. It sounds like you had a lovely trip. I love all those pumpkins!! Looking forward to seeing more.
Warm hugs ~ Jenn xo