Thursday, April 26, 2012

*Signs of Spring*


"Wool Bird" design by Maggie Bonanomi

I've finished my first robin project of the season. Robins are my favorite bird (with turkeys being a close second) and are a sure sign of spring. I have three more robin projects kitted up and just waiting to go...

Well, I finally relented and went to the clinic after no improvement, to discover I have a double whammy - the flu and strep throat. After being on antibiotics for 24 hours, I decided to go back to work - bad idea. After a few hours I felt really nasty and found my fever was back at 101.9. Back to bed with me. Now I am up and waiting for the pediatrician's office to open - I think I shared my bug with my oldest son... Then it will be to bed for each of us.

For years I have been getting about 5 hours of sleep a night more or less. There is so much to do and not enough hours in the day. I'm thinking that this is my body telling me that it has got to stop. That I need to start at least working on 6 - 7 hours of sleep a night. Not sure what will need to give. I don't want to give up blogging or crafting as these are things that really bring me joy. My house isn't that clean :) and I don't watch much tv. I guess I need to really look at what I spend my time on...

I didn't mean to go on and on. Let's move on to happier things:


It's tulip time on the Magnificent Mile...
Each spring, Michigan Avenue becomes a carpet of tulips.


My favorite display this year is the North Bridge Mall block.
I'm not a big fan of purple, but the progression of tulips from white to purple just mesmerizes me each time I walk by.

Wishing you inspiring views today!

"What a wonderous time is spring,
When all the tress are budding
The birds begin to sing, the flowers start their blooming;
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it.
You want to sing, it's fresh like spring,
You want to pass it on."

Blessings, Patti

11 comments:

moosecraft said...

Great robin mat! Sending well wishes to you and your son... being sick is so frustrating. I'm a person that needs 7 hours of sleep to function... I always dream of being able to get by with less sleep... cuz, yes, I could use more (stitching) hours in the day too! lol!

Friendship Crossing said...

I LOVE your robin mat and I'm anxious to kit up some wooly projects I have been wanting to start.
Sorry to hear about your sicky bug! Hope you get better real soon and get more sleep! I get way too much sleep sometimes and then I wish I had more time for stitching!

Tanya

annie said...

Hope you both feel better quickly, I love the tulips, and the robin is just fabulous!

WoolenSails said...

The bird mat is beautiful, love pieces like that.
We have a lot more birds now that I put up a feeder, fun to sit and watch them.

Debbie

Mugwump Woolies said...

This Robyn loves that robin! It's wonderful...but then aren't all of Maggie B.'s designs? And what a beautiful job you've done! Hope you and your son are soon feeling better.
Robyn

bayrayschild said...

Sending you well wishes Patti!

Love your Robin!

Hugs, Audrey

Raymond Homestead said...

I haven't worked on my wool for quite some time! I'm slipping! Aren't those tulips so pretty?!

Pamela said...

I LOVE the robin! You do beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.
Pam

Beckyjean said...

Love your robin mat!! Hope you feel better soon. The tulips are beautiful!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

And here's another Robin loving your Robin....Gorgeous!! (I'm kind of partial to them myself....) ;o) Hope you and your son are recovering....And, yikes, Girl - yes, you need more sleep. (I'm a sleepyhead myself....) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Roberta said...

Love how your robin mat turned out. Don't want you to give up blogging or crafting but do take care of yourself! I'd like to give up cleaning myself, but that's probably not going to happen. Tulips are beautiful!