Sunday, January 9, 2011

A winner?


Niky of Niky's Creations recently sponsored a fun contest. She offered a free design and invited people to complete it and send photos to her. Then she randomly selected three finishes to win a prize.
I finished my rendition of "Evergreen" as a little needlebook.



I added a few wool squirrels to the inside for storing pins and needles.
I didn't win, but now that I think of it I did...

As I have this lovely needlecase to enjoy!
Be sure to stop by her blog to see the other finishes - wow! The creativity is just amazing!
Blessings, Patti

11 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful piece, that would have been a fun thing to participate in.

Debbie

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Very sweet needlebook. I just found out about it the other day and wish I could have entered. There were a lot of amazing finishes and an array of beautiful stitching.
Enjoy your piece.
~Nan

edie said...

You sure did win, Patti. Your work is just beautiful, and I love the squirrels. Have you ever ordered any of Niky's patterns? I am so tempted. Do you have the Blackbird Designs book that includes her strawberry pinkeeps design? Keep warm.

Mouse Droppings Folk Art said...

Love your finish...the squirrels are the icing on the cake. Cheers, Susan

primitivebettys said...

It is beautiful. So creative to add the squirrels on the inside! :)

Raymond Homestead said...

I love your needlecase!The squirrels are cute!

kelley said...

Oooh I love it...trees and squirrels...beautifully finished!

A.B. said...

i love the squirrels you out inside!
I've taken part too at this contest

Sue said...

Looks like a winner to me!

Dora said...

Your needlebook is wonderful!
A winning piece to me.

Jean said...

Love the needlecase - and yes, you are a winner!!