Monday, September 21, 2009

Apples

Well, I never did make it to the apple orchard to go apple picking, but I did make it to our neighborhood farmer's market where I stocked up on apples, peaches, end of season watermelon and some cheese curds too.

I thought I'd share some of the apple inspired creations that I've decorated the house with this month...
This is a little painting on a wood plaque that I did some years back during my painting phase...

I didn't get to experience the pleasant delights of an orchard in person this year, but at least this finish helps to remind me of the joy of it.

A wool applique finish celebrating apple season and the harvest moon.

This is the piece that I was stitching on September 11, 2001. I finished it a few days later during one of my youngest son's many hospitalizations for asthma. I bring it out each September in remembrance.

Finally, one of my favorite finishes of all time - Johnny Appleseed by Prairie Schooler. I simply love this piece.

Hope you are enjoying some delicious apples as well.
Blessings, Patti

7 comments:

Sue said...

Most people bring out the pumpkin items, I like the idea of decorating with the apple theme in the fall. I haven't been to an orchard yet, but soon...

Sue

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

We have some beautiful orchards 'round here and I haven't made it there either. Love your apple themed pics and the Johnny Appleseed is a favorite!

primitivebettys said...

Great apple finishes! So sorry you didn't make it to the orchard. We are headed to one in a week for Cub Scouts. I'm sure the boys will have a GREAT time... especially when the fresh cider is served. ;)

Smiles,

Betty

Tina said...

Love everything!

Deb said...

Love your fall pieces - Johnny Appleseed is a great design. Our apples are in now and I hope to make a visit to the cider mill tomorrow. Nothing like it in the world with a warm donut!

cwa said...

You have some nice autumn decor. It is all quite lovely. I especially like the painting. You are a very good painter!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

During your painting phase....girl if I could paint like that...I'D PAINT :)
Beautiful!
And I love all your wool applique and your stitching...LOVELY!
Johnny Appleseed, I have him and I've always loved him, never stitched him and I bet he's fabulous in person...Maybe I need to pull that chart out!