Thursday, May 14, 2009

just a little knot

Many of you know that I work in downtown Chicago on the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue) in the historic Wrigley Building. (That's the new Trump Tower behind the Wrigley Building.)

The gothic Tribune Tower is to the right of the Wrigley Building. (That building is a story for another day.)

Most of my stitching and creating is done on my commute to and from the office each day on the train, bus and/or boat.

Just the other day, while stitching on the train I encountered a small knot in my thread as I was stitching away. You know that little knot that if you just tug a little bit will come right out...So, without another thought I tugged on my needle. Then it happened. I'm not sure how it happened. But the needle came off the thread and flew from my hand! I froze! I waited for a reaction from someone in the train car - a yelp, an exclamation, a "Hey did someone lose a needle?" After a few moments I realized that no one was hit and wounded and the needle was lost forever. I assumed that no one had witnessed my major faux pas. So I quietly looked in my purse for another needle...
Horrors! That was my only needle! I spent the rest of my wasted time looking out the window and thinking of all the stitching I was missing.
You can be sure that I put an entire package of needles in my purse that night! And now when I encounter a little knot, I tug lightly with a firm grip on my needle...
Blessings, Patti

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love your Chicago pics. I used to live in Naperville a really long time ago, but riding the train was always a treat into the city.

I feel your pain on the needle incident. That has happened to me on more than one occassion and it sucks! LOL I never thought to put needles in my purse. I think I'll have to start doing that. Hey, you, thanks for the idea!